“Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.” (Ephesians 6:18, NLT)
Pray is one of the armors that God wants us to put on every day, every moment in our life. Prayer is the fuel that we need to keep the flame of mission and ministry to keep on going and burning. Prayer is the way to come to God and stand in the gap between God and the world, the unreached people groups – whom cannot stand in His presence because of sins.
Joshua Project is one of the medias that you can use for your prayer resources. This website provides details about the unreached people group, tools, resources and lots of information that you need for your personal and church prayer time. Here’s some things about Joshua Project.
Joshua Project: Purpose and Mission
Joshua Project is a research initiative seeking to highlight the ethnic people groups of the world with the least followers of Christ. Accurate, regularly updated ethnic people group information is critical for understanding and completing the Great Commission. Jesus said in Matthew 24:14 “This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.” Jesus directly links His return to the fulfillment of the Great Commission. While no one knows the date or time of His return, we do know that this gospel of the kingdom must be preached to all the nations first. Revelation 5:9 and 7:9-10 show that there will be some from every tribe, tongue, nation and people before the Throne.
Joshua Project seeks to answer the questions that result from the Great Commission’s call to make disciples among every nation or people group:
- Who are the ethnic people groups of the world?
- Which people groups still need an initial church-planting movement in their midst?
- What ministry resources are available to help outreach among the least-reached?
Joshua Project: Distinctives and Uniqueness
- Strategic – We help mission strategists who ask, “Where is the greatest need?” Our desire is to help focus the Church on the most spiritually needy ethnic people groups.
- Effective – We seek to maximize the effectiveness of Kingdom resources by helping identify and reduce duplication of effort between ministries through data sharing.
- Comprehensive – Our emphasis is on comprehensiveness, to see that the Church is initially established in all the world’s ethnic peoples. Our method has been “when in doubt include a people group on the list” to insure that no groups are overlooked.
- Neutral – We are a neutral, low-profile ministry, serving the global missions community.
- Grassroots – We support grass-roots initiatives and seek input from those actually doing onsite work. Priority is given to updates made by local and national researchers.
- Openhanded – We provide all data and services at no charge, we desire individuals and agencies in all parts of the world to have access to unreached peoples data.
The link to Joshua Project video click here: Joshua Project
Start searching any people group in the world, including in Indonesia, and start praying for them today!
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.